Friday, September 18, 2009

Currently teaching myself how to sew.


I have wanted to learn how to sew for... oh.. a couple years now. At first I wanted to sew quilts and I still do but now I also want to start sewing my own clothing. I can never find what I want in the store and when I do it is way out of my price range. So I stared looking around and found millions of patterns on the internet that are exactly what I want. In fact I found a "simple" guide to making a cute skirt on BurdaStyle tonight. I say "simple" because it is except I have no idea how to translate some of the sewing slang they use. I have been looking up terms and I am slowly starting to understand more of what I am reading. When I get good I am going to order some of Amy Butler's Lotus Fabric collection and make the perfect high waisted skirt. I don't care if it takes me until next summer to do it. I am going to do it.

I did make this for my little neice the other day. Turned out pretty freaking cute if you ask me. I think I need to make another one though and improve upon all the little mistakes I made the first time around. Maybe I can fit that in sometime between working and finishing my paintings this weekend. If I do I will be sure to let you see a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment