Friday, September 4, 2009

I have never come so close to buying something as soon as I saw it as I did tonight.

You know what is weird about art?

Lots of things.

One of the really weird things is that art is considered "universal", however, everyone has those pieces that they connect with completely and have to resist the urge to sleep with it every night. But the guy next to them could hate it or only offer it a shrug. While I love this piece by Andrew Bannecker you may hate it or find it "eh, ok". So is art "universal" or not? Why do we like what we like and how do we build our definition of art? No one defines it in the same way.
I saw this and I couldn't decided if I wanted to be her or just hang out with her. She reminds me of Tiger Lilly (I always thought she was way better than Wendy).

Anyway, just wanted to share with you what I fell in love with today. I probably wont love it in a couple days.... its a funny thing, art.

2 comments:

  1. art is weird. amen to that. weird art. weird art. weird art.

    WEIRD ART. Arghh, achh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's gorgeous... But I do think I would rather hang out with her than hang her on my wall!

    ReplyDelete