Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Consumerism and Kikus


Andy Warhol, "Kiku"

I have never really thought much about Andy Warhol's art. I like the idea behind it, but none of his things have ever made me want to look at them forever. Tonight I was catching up with Claudia over at The Paris Apartment and found her post about Kiku the Japanese's Chrysanthemum. I know the names of flowers but other than roses and Calla Lilies I can't tell you which one is which. A Chrysanthemum is almost as strange and mysterious as its name so I did an image search for more. Turns our Andy Warhol had a thing for Kikues. This may be the beginning of a Warhol phase for me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Now that's the beauty of the internet and blogging in particular. So many things come full circle, the best being I found your blog!
    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete