Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Another really cool thing in my state I had no idea about.

While looking for some Indie Craft shows TealTown Ink could attend over the summer that are not in San Fransisco (although that would be lovely) I found a link to Ohio Knitting Mills in Cleveland Ohio. Founded in 1928 it was the countries largest knitted wear producers. It hit its peak in the 40's and after WWII took samples of each style they produced from the 40's through the 60's and put them in storage. Now they are selling those pieces.



I would love to spend a day looking through all of these clothes. It looks like they only have a store in Brooklyn and we don't plan on visiting there for a while so I guess I will have to wait and settle with looking at their on-line catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment