Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend 2007

Mark and I spent our Labor Day weekend with our families. I love family weekends. It's a nice reminder that no matter what is going on in your life there is a place for you. A little place that only you know about where you can put your feet up and relax.


We spent Saturday night with my younger sisters in front of the computer creating Webkinz movies. All them older folks out there may complain that technology is turning our children's brains to mush. I say they don't know what they are talking about. Mark and I sat back as a computer game made it fun for my sisters to create a story. Plot, protagonist, antagonist everything that a good story should have. Honestly, them old folks, I bet a pencil and paper wouldn't have inspired them to create the story of Froginstine the creature created by an evil witch to make the Perfect Creme Brulee.

Sunday was spent with Mark's parents enjoying the small town of Augusta, Ky. Mark and I met at the bus stop and dated the entirety of his high school career. My in laws watched me grow up, they are still watching me grow up. But they are now two of my favorite people. I love the relationship that I have with them, and the relationship Mark has with them. We both realize how important they are to us, and that in itself is pretty special I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment